STOP: Are you a new client? Is your pet a new patient? Please call the office BEFORE scheduling a telemedicine appointment so that we can register you.
In light of COVID-19 concerns, we have taken steps to make sure our extended community remains as safe as possible. We are now offering digital appointments to complement ongoing in-office care through TeleVet! If you are interested in connecting digitally, you will need to download the TeleVet app. With the TeleVet mobile app, you can easily send virtual consultation requests to us whenever your pet is sick or injured.
Download TeleVet for iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/televet-remote-pet-care/id1159226331
Download TeleVet for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.televet.project
Some important details:
- We will be responding to telemedicine requests Monday through Friday. Availability may expand once our clients and staff have acclimated to this new service.
- Telemedicine requests submitted before noon will be done that day. The doctor will contact you with a scheduled time for the meeting later in the day.
- Requests submitted after noon may not be scheduled until the following day. Please note that requests submitted after noon on Friday may not be scheduled until the following Monday. Please call the hospital for urgent matters that require a quicker response.
- You decide how you’d like to connect with us: your consultation can be conducted via text, phone, or video chat.
- TeleVet connects you with our veterinary team, not a third-party veterinarian. At this time, specific doctors cannot be requested for telemedicine consults. Please contact us directly to schedule a curbside visit if you wish to see your pet’s primary care provider.
- Not all ailments are good fits for telemedicine, and TeleVet is not suitable for urgent or emergency care. Currently, only clients with smartphones will be able to utilize this service.
What is suitable for telemedicine visits?
- Coughing, sneezing, signs of upper respiratory symptoms
- Diabetic care and management
- External parasites (fleas, ticks, mites, etc.)
- Gastrointestinal upsets such as vomiting or diarrhea, intestinal parasites
- Hospice care
- Lameness evaluations
- Limited mobility patients
- Clients w/limited mobility, no transportation or compromised immune systems
- Medication questions and refills
- Nutritional counseling
- Progress exam/follow-up on specific medical conditions
- Behavioral consults such as stressed/anxious pets
- Suture checks
- Consultation on previously diagnosed long-term health issues
- Chronic pain management
- We will do our best to make our telemedicine service available to you and your pets; however, coverage is limited to hours listed.
Please call us immediately at 503-227-6047 if you think your pet may need urgent or emergency care.