Northwest Neighborhood Veterinary Hospital considers the wellbeing of your pets our top priority. We are the front line in keeping animals healthy and intend to stay open during this outbreak, but we do ask the following from our clients. Please help us keep our staff healthy so we can continue to care for your pets.
- If you are sick and your pet is scheduled for routine wellness care, please call and reschedule.
- If you are sick and your pet requires medical attention, please find a friend/family member to bring your pet to the appointment. If this is not possible, we ask that you stay in your car and call the front desk at (503) 227-6047; one of our team members will bring your pet inside for their exam.
- If you are at higher risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 or are concerned about contracting the virus from others, we will be happy to meet you in the parking lot and bring your pet inside for their exam. Our veterinarians can discuss exam findings and treatment options with you over the phone.
NOTE: To allow us to better serve our existing clients and patients, we temporarily are no longer accepting new clients.
When you arrive for you appointment, please:
- Stay in your car.
- Call us to let us know you have arrived.
- Keep your phone on and handy; We will call you throughout the course of the appointment with information about your pet.
- Please stay in the parking lot for the duration of you appointment unless directed otherwise.
- Because of the increased time curbside service takes, it is common for hospitals to have increased wait times. Please know that our staff is doing everything possible to maintain our high levels of customer service. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
- We often have 5 doctors and nurses seeing appointments at the same time. Because these appointments are staggered, it is possible that patients arriving in the parking lot after you may be taken inside before you. Please know that these patients being seeing by other providers and are not delaying your appointment or taking priority over you. Again, your understanding is greatly appreciated.
- Please know our staff is working extra hard due to curbside service. Your kindness and understanding goes a long way.
If you’d like more information about COVID-19 and pets, read this article from the American Medical Veterinary Association. AAHA has also provided helpful information on the disease, which can be found here. We also encourage you to read this educational flyer:
We are actively monitoring developments related to animals and the virus, and you can find the latest updated information about COVID-19 as it relates to pets on the AVMA’s coronavirus page. You are also welcome to give us a call with your questions at (503) 227-6047.
Your NWNVH Family